Excellent customer service is significant to any business because it’s the key to retaining customers and maintaining cordial relations with them. When it comes to delivering high-end customer service and meeting sales targets, time management becomes a crucial deciding factor.
Every sales reps’ life revolves around making calls, answering calls, sales pitching, and closing the deals. For that, it is essential to understand that the right technology must back the efforts made behind outreaching the customers.
Choosing the right call center software is, therefore, essential for producing results and meeting sales goals. Gone are the days when agents used manual dialing machines to punch in the numbers and call the customers.
This system of dialing calls was not only time-consuming but also very unpredictable in the sense that most of the calls usually landed up in the answering machine, or few numbers would be unavailable.
Thus, businesses started embracing the right sales toolkits, which are advanced and efficient in their functioning. Today’s customer support environment has become highly competitive, and a predictive dialer has become the need of the hour for most businesses.
What is a Predictive Dialer?
Predictive dialer is an intelligent outbound calling system that uses computer algorithms to make calls. It works by dialing numbers a few seconds before an agent has ended an ongoing call so that the agent can be on the next call without any downtime.
The most notable point about this dialer is that it uses efficient computer statistical algorithms to predict the duration for which the agent will be on call and when to make the next call.
A predictive dialer empowers the business as it places calls at optimized times while filtering out anomalies like answering machines, busy network, and disconnected calls.
Why is Predictive Dialer Important in Sales?
With a predictive dialer, businesses can improve the dialing rates as the dialer effectively handles an enormous amount of leads at once.
Let’s look at the reasons for using the predictive dialer to boost the sales of an organization-
1. Efficient Lead Management
Managing the leads effectively is one highly daunting yet crucial task. Predictive dialers can integrate lead management software that –
- Accelerates lead response
- Optimize sales practices
- Organize sales data in the CRM
- Organize customer history, calls history and all call-related data
This software determines the most appropriate number for calling the customers, filters out the “do not disturb” numbers. All data related to call activity is stored in the CRM for effective lead management.
2. Assign Calls to Available Agents
Predictive dialer intelligently assigns the calls to the available agents. It works on a statistical algorithm that starts dialing the subsequent number before the agent finishing his previous call.
This method ensures that –
- There is no downtime (that is the time during which a machine or system is out of action)
- All agents get equal opportunity to handle calls without any bias
- Agents can conveniently switch between inbound and outbound calls
- Agents get information about the best time to call and get data about the current call (call analytics)
3. Reduce Operational Costs
A predictive dialer reduces the operational costs of business while simultaneously increases the sales of the organization. This reduction is possible due to the lesser number of outbound calls placed on the voice channels.
One significant advantage of predictive dialers is that it rules out the requirement of installing an expensive PBX setup or the need of an operator who manually maintains the call logs.
Also, the predictive dialer ensures that –
- Offers monthly or annual pricing options
- Call abandonment rates are reduced
This means that a predictive dialer can deliver a high Return on Investment (ROI) with substantial profit to any organization or business.
4. Increase Agent Productivity
A predictive dialing solution helps to improve the efficiency of the agents working in a team. It creates a healthy work relationship between the agents and the administration. Predictive dialers enhance agent efficiency by –
- Eliminate the need to manually dialing the customer numbers
- Determine the optimum time to call and predict when a current call will end
- Enable the working of dialer and automated call distribution system (ACD) to assign calls
- Reduce agent’s wait time or idle time to ensure maximum productivity
Thus, a predictive dialer significantly increases the productivity of the agents and creates a balanced working atmosphere in a company or a business.
5. Connect with a Large Number of Customers in Less Time
Predictive dialer service has revolutionized the way businesses interact with the customers. The intelligent outbound call processing system of the predictive dialer helps in efficiently outreaching a large customer base.
Predictive dialer solutions accelerate the contact ratio and increase the agent talk time by up to 300%. The dialer delivers the maximum number of live calls to the agents, thereby allowing the agents to handle the best possible calls.
With these dialers, the sales reps can call multiple numbers at one go. This feature of predictive dialer also reduces the waiting time of the agents to get connected with the prospects.
Thus, a predictive dialer enables connecting with a large customer base by –
- Save agents’ wait time which can be further utilized to dial more numbers
- Grab the right opportunities by dialing only those numbers that are of potential benefit to the business
- Respond to the high priority leads faster and establish customer relations.
Is Your Predictive Dialer Sales Complaint?
With the growing business demands and customer expectations, it has become imperative to empower your business with the right calling software. A hosted predictive dialer can, therefore, boost the efficiency of the business, increase sales as well as drive customer satisfaction.
To summarize, from the sales point of view, a predictive dialer is the ideal solution to boost productivity and give the best ROI.
Latest posts by Kritagya Pandey (see all)
- The Importance of Personalization in Customer Service - August 11, 2021
- Customer Experience Trends for a Post-COVID-19 World - September 2, 2020
- Virtual Contact Center Starter Kit: All You Need To Know - August 19, 2020